Do you wish you could make stunning, on-brand graphics that made your business or blog look pro–without the cost of hiring one? Are you intimidated by Photoshop? Are you imagining feeling overwhelmed? Annoyed? Frustrated? Lost?
Stop that. Stop it right now. (This is me, virtually slapping you on the hand).
Design is a skill that can be learned and hacked, just like anything else. And the same goes for writing compelling copy.
When I decided to start this site, I did what I do every time I build a website: I freaked out about how it looks, spent hours fiddling with Photoshop trying to make my own graphics, got frustrated, broke something, hired someone to make the header, decide I didn’t love it, got frustrated, broke something.. I think you can see a pattern here.
Then I happened to stumble upon a course by my favorite web/graphic designer and my favorite copy writer, cleverly titled Brandgasm 101. Needless to say I didn’t have to think twice about the $199 price tag. Within a few hours, I designed the logo for my site, along with buttons and some additional images, and finally felt comfortable pushing this site live.
What It Is:
A fun, straight-to-the-point, easy-to-follow online design + copywriting course for entrepreneurs and bloggers who need their websites, digital products, social media presence, and marketing materials to look and sound pro – without having to hire a pro.
How It’s Delivered:
Instant downloadable self-study course–go through it at your own pace.
Who It’s For:
- A small business owner or blogger with a web presence who has not had their site professionally designed in the past, and who may not have the budget for it, but they’re smart enough to know that appearances are everything–and they won’t have a chance in hell unless they can look professional enough.
- A small business owner or blogger with a web presence who has had their site professionally designed in the past, but continually need design elements for their product launches or marketing materials.
- A small business owner or blogger who’s frustrated because they aren’t getting enough subscribers, inquiries or sales–and who recognizes that what they say and how they present themselves really can make ALL THE DIFFERENCE. (This is where the copywriting portion of the class comes into play; we take the stance that you might have the best designed website in the world, but if you can’t compel people to take action, it’s worthless. Similarly, if you have the best copywriting skills in the world, but your site doesn’t look professional enough? It’s also, unfortunately, pretty worthless. This course will show you how to master both with respect to the things you need most to make a killer impression with your web presence and marketing materials–online and off.)
Why am I sharing this with you?
Because it helped me avoid having to hire someone to get the blog I wanted, and my goal of this site is to help you do the same. Brandgasm 101 is currently on sale through Christmas Eve for only $99. And I’ll be completely honest with you — this is an affiliate link and I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase this product. Gasp. However, I only promote products I’ve personally used and loved. This is one of the only courses I’ve taken in 2013, and I can’t sing its praises loud enough! I just got lucky enough to fall in love with a course that has an affiliate program. Don’t hate the player.
- You aren’t going to pay for this course. You’re going to make money from this course. While you might be putting up $199 for the course right now? The additional revenue you’ll generate from understanding the principles of this course will not just hand you your money back – it’ll earn you WAY, WAY more than that. If you’re selling a service for $1,000/month, and earn just ONE client from using the principles of Brandgasm 101, you’ve already made $800 from the course. You can expect to get many more clients than just one, however, so imagine what the possibilities could be. 5 new clients, and you’ve just made $5,800 from Brandgasm 101. The $199 investment is WORTH IT.
- Brandgasm 101 isn’t going to require a ton of your time, make you sit through hours of videos, or attend class at any specific time. People are BUSY. You’re busy, I’m busy, and frankly, no one has time to sit through a bunch of long-winded videos and impractical explanations on theory. So to that end, Brandgasm 101 will teach you what you need to know, but it’s also structured to be used as a reference tool. Anytime you need to write an opt-in, come up with a product name or tagline, or write some tantalizing teaser copy, for example….and then make it all look nice design-wise, you’ll be able to pop over to your forever-accessible Brandgasm 101 cheat sheets to quickly find what you’re trying to do, and then follow the steps…as many times, over and over, as you need to. There’s a lot of this-is-how-you-do it, step-by-step frameworks and formulas so you can just plug-n-play…and sell.
- It’s going to be FUN. The TMFproject and Shatterboxx brands are the epitomy of fun, having built their identities as the go-to for loud, unapologetic, and always a good time. A class that’s the brainchild of them both is bound to be a thrilling ride–from start to finish. Forget boring, over-your-head marketing speak. This course is going to be wildly down-to-earth, practical, useful, and guaranteed to make you laugh, smile, and be so glad that you joined. By the end, you’ll feel like the girls are your new BFFs–and the good news is that they’re always up for happy hour.
- What was the best course you took in 2013?
- What have you done to polish your copy writing or Photoshop skills?