I created this resource page to list recommended services, products, and companies that I use and/or find valuable. Hopefully you can use this as a tool to find great products and services, all in one place, and hopefully save some money in the process!
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all products I highly recommend. I do not put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.
- WordPress: The #1 blog publishing platform. Free and easily customizable. Great support.
- GoDaddy: This is my current preferred host and where I go to buy domain names. Say what you will about the brand, but it’s been very affordable, easy to use, and has great 24/7 support.
- Genesis Theme: The Genesis framework is a powerful type of WordPress theme — the frame and body of the car — that acts as a design, security, and SEO foundation for your website. It also “future-proofs” your site customizations, so there’s no hassle when it comes time to upgrade your software with one click. This the framework my website currently runs on, along with the theme “Metro Pro”.
- Feminine WordPress Themes: While this current theme is not by Pretty Darn Cute Designs, most of my other sites (including Productive & Pretty) do run on them. I love her forums and support, and you really can buy and have it up and running like the demo within an hour.
- Building a Framework: This was hands down one of the best blog investments I made when I started Productive & Pretty. In fact, I did a full review on how it helped me triple my pageviews in just one month.
- Amazon Affiliates: Amazon is one of my favorite affiliate programs. The cookie window is short (24 hours) and there are more regulations than others (like you can’t email affiliate links) but you get credit for all of the purchases someone makes while they are there.
- Share-a-Sale.com: Share-a-sale is a great affiliate marketing program to join because there are so many products/programs within it! You can browse affiliate programs to join, and manage them all from one site.
Images & Photos
- Stock Photos: Most of the stock photos around this site are from Haute Chocolate, which is a membership site for stock photos. Worth. Every. Penny.
- Convertkit: In my opinion, Convertkit is the best email service provider on the market right now. They do come in at a higher price point, so I don’t suggest investing in it until your blog is generating income, or you have a product to sell. Start somewhere free and move here when it financially makes sense for you.
- Mailchimp: MailChimp offers a free subscription option of their service (limited features), for an indefinite period of time, but only as long as you have fewer than 2,000 subscribers and you send out fewer than 12,000 emails a month. I do think this is good enough for most people when you start out, unless you plan to have an email strategy right out of the gate.
- Paypal.com: I strongly suggest you sign up for a PayPal account. Even if you don’t sell your own products through it, it is a great platform for both making and receiving payments online without sharing your bank account or credit card information.
- Outright: I use Outright for my blog/business expense tracking; I love the quarterly reporting and tax-time reminders.
- Freshbooks: I use Freshbooks for invoicing brands and clients that I work with, but you can use this as your total cloud accounting software!
Graphic Design / Fonts
- Subtle patterns: Looking for free background patterns for your site? Look no further!
- Design Seeds: This site has amazing color combination ideas.
- Tonal Tuesday: This is a meme on a design blog of beautiful color combos.
- Lost Type: If you’re looking for premium looking fonts, without the price tag, check out Lost Type. I love their selection of high quality, free fonts.
- Creative Market: I love Creative market for all things design; fonts, images, photoshop brushes, etc.
Reminder: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. I only recommend products I’ve used and love myself.